- Continued restructuring to focus on new company strategy.
- New company vision, mission and values developed.
- Business improvement project launched.
- Conclusion of rights issue, reduction in hedge book and successful bond refinancing.
- Energy efficiency measures mitigate impact of electricity crisis at the South African operations.
- Gold production of 4.98 million ounces.
- Rising input costs have significant effect on total cash costs across the
industry, mitigated to some extent by the fall of the South African rand.
- Significant payments to government, reported in line with the guidelines of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
Rand Refinery, South Africa
Renewing our vision, mission and values
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI Report to Society 2008